1. Lee Y.C., Schnell, T., Aktan F., Poster Presentation, “Understanding the role of visual attention in change blindness and driving safety”, International Journal of Psychology, 39(5), 224, 2004
2. Macuda, T., Craig, G., Erdos, R., Carignan, S., Jennings, S., Swail, C., Schnell, T., Poolman, P.,Allison, R. and Lenert, A. (2006b). “Neural Avionics: Development of Airborne Neural Recording Capabilities in Fixed and Rotary Wing Aircraft to Monitor Pilot Mental State”, LTR-FRL-2006-0050, National Research Council of Canada
3. Schnell, T., Keller, M., Cornwall R., Schmorrow, D. (2007), “Using Advanced Neurocognitive Techniques to Ensure Warfighter Resilience: A Physiological Based Sensor Fusion Technique for Adaptive Design and Control of Operational Systems”, Poster Presented at the
the 113th Annual Meeting of AMSUS, November 11-16, 2007, Salt Lake City, Utah
4. Cornwall R., Schnell, T., Schmorrow, D., Cohn J. (2007), “Using Advanced Neurocognitive Techniques to Ensure Warfighter Resilience: Tactical Aircraft Simulator - Cognitive Cockpit–Research test-bed”, Poster Presented at the 113th Annual Meeting of AMSUS, November 11-16, 2007, Salt Lake City, Utah
5. Schnell T., Etherington, T., “The Spatial Orientation Enhancement System (SOES): Dynamic Flight Simulator results”, Invited Presentation at the 43rd Space and Flight Equipment (SAFE) Conference, October 25 – 26, 2005, Salt Lake City, UT
6. Schnell T., Etherington, T., Jennings, S., “The Spatial Orientation Enhancement System (SOES): In-Flight results”, Invited Presentation at the 43rd Space and Flight Equipment (SAFE) Conference, October 25 – 26, 2005, Salt Lake City, UT
7. Schnell T., Etherington, T., “Synthetic Vision Information Systems, NASA Flight Tests at Eagle County Regional Airport”, Paper Presented at the 50th Annual Convention of the Experimental Aircraft Association, July 20th-29th, 2002, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
8. Schnell T., Merchant, S., “Classification of Uniformly Spaced Surface Colors into Thirteen US Traffic Sign Color Categories Under D65 and Illuminant A Conditions”, Paper Presented at the DfwG-Jahrestagung 2000, October 20, 2000, Technische Hochschule Darmstadt, Fachgebiet Lichttechnik
9. Schnell T., Ohme, P., Pavement Marking Visibility, Is Wider Better?, Presented at the 2001 Iowa Governor’s Safety Conference, Des Moines, Iowa, March, 21, 2001
10. Invited keynote speaker at the Iowa Pavement Marking Conference, March 29, 2000, Scheman Building, Ames, Iowa, “Enhancing Pavement Marking Visibility for Older Drivers”
11. Invited to represent the University of Iowa, College of Engineering at the AVSI Key University Workday, June 7, 2000, Texas A&M University, College Station TX, “Applying Eye Tracking as an Alternative Method for Activation of Controls in Flight Decks”
12. Presentation at Visteon, Dearborn, MI, by invitation, Human Factors Research at UI, June 26, 2000
13. Lecture on Human Factors Research at the University of Iowa, presented at ETH Zurich, Switzerland, Institut fuer Hygiene und Arbeitsphysiologie, Professor Marino Menozzi, 8/29/00
14. Schnell, T., and Zwahlen, H. T., "Retroreflective Materials, Visibility Calculations for Prismatic or Micro-prismatic Materials", Conference session paper presented at the 77th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, Transportation Research Board, 1998.
15. Zwahlen, H. T., and Schnell, T., "Integration of a Panoramic Visualization into a Roadway Inventory Database", 3D in Transportation Symposium and Workshop, Transportation Research Board, 1997.
16. Schnell, T., and Zwahlen, H. T., "The Development of CARVE (Computer Aided Road-Marking Visibility Evaluator) a PC-Based Pavement-Marking Visibility Evaluation Software Package", Symposium on Night Visibility and Driver Behavior, Transportation Research Board, 1996.
17. Zwahlen, H. T., and Schnell, T., "OCARD, Computer Aided Road Delineation", Annual Conference of the American Association of State Highway Officials (AASHTO), American Association of State Highway Officials (AASHTO), 1995.
18. Zwahlen, H. T., and Schnell, T., "Revisiting Blackwell's 1946 'Contrast Thresholds of the Human Eye' Study Fifty Years Later", Symposium on Night Visibility and Driver Behavior, Transportation Research Board, 1996.
19. Schnell, T., “Wissensbasiertes System fuer Serielle Kommunikation, Senken der Entwicklungskosten (Knowledge based System fuer Serial Communication, Lowering the Development Costs)”, Technische Rundschau, Handbuch der Automatisierungstechnik, Vol. 92/93, 1992, pp. 70-73.